Multiple Locations SEO
SEO For Multiple Locations
Any successful business is going to look to expand their reach. Doing so means performing SEO for multiple locations, oftentimes in different cities. 15 Miles’ SEO services will optimize each location independently while still helping them feed off of each other.
There isn’t a business around that doesn’t want to have the problem of too many locations. It’s not a bad problem to have. The real issue is that having multiple locations in different cities often creates search engine optimization issues that aren’t present when you have only one location or if you’re totally digital. Don’t worry, we’ve got your back.
15 Miles is an expert in multiple locations SEO, so that means whether you are opening up your first branch in Tokyo or just expanding across town into the local shopping mall, we’ve got the tools and talent to make sure your locations are all independently optimized and don’t bump heads, but still help your overall organic rankings.
Companies who have several physical stores often run into the issues of differing demographics, disparities in income, differing keyword traffic, and totally different keyword clusters. Sure, your services and brand might still be the same, but the people buying them are completely different.
Ranking in the local pack is a different beast than ranking in the national organic rankings, meaning your SEO company needs to take a different approach, one that is centered on the needs and tendencies of the local population.
15 Miles performs SEO for multiple locations so that your whole company is optimized no matter where you are.
Have multiple locations? SEO them now!
The challenge of multiple locations
It’s hard enough managing one store, let alone dozens. It’s even harder when an all-powerful search engine is looming over you making sure that you don’t make any mistakes. Google has a strict set of guidelines that it wants companies to follow in terms of websites, and managing that across multiple location is something that a lot of companies struggle with. A few of which are:
- Duplicate content- so you’ve got amazing content that is tailored straight to your demographic, backed by analytics, and full of amazing keywords. You’re printing money. Great! But if you have multiple locations with the same content, Google will penalize you. They will take it as a sign that you’re copying from somewhere else, and that’s going to lead to big problems. Multiple-locations SEO hinges on making sure each separate location is properly optimized for the area and doesn’t lead to a nasty Google penalty.
- Link juice- link juice is a term meant to describe a phenomenon that Google uses to rank companies. It basically means that for every link to you, Google gives you a “point score” for rankings. If you have multiple different links pointing to the same page, it could create a problem where multiple pages with the same signal end up splitting the “link juice”, and none of them get a boost at all.
- Black holes of time- a black hole is place in space where gravity pulls hard enough that even light can’t escape. Welcome to a perfect analogy for managing multiple different locations. If you have 10 different locations, then you might need 10 websites, 10 about pages, 10 services pages, etc, etc. The gravity of managing this pulls so hard that not even the most dedicated business people can get out.
These issues are just a few of the major problems that companies who have several different physical places encounter. SEO for multiple locations can help do away with these issues, freeing up time and helping you make more money.
Multiple-locations SEO? What’s in it for me?
As we said before, ranking in the local results is a different game altogether from normal SEO. It takes a different approach to customer service, analytics, keyword targeting, and content. And that’s just the beginning. The problems are only compounded when you are in several different places at once.
When you use 15 Miles for your local search engine optimization efforts, you get a mix of great customer service and expert knowledge. You can expect us to:
- Research each location- no matter what kind of business you are and no matter where you operate, you have to deal with the fact that consumers are different in each place. New Haven, New York, or New Mexico, it’s all the same story. We will provide in-depth demographic research in each geo-targeted area to make sure that we are pursuing the right avenues to increasing your revenue.
- On-page optimization- there are certain page-level factors that are indispensable to success but must all vary depending on location. We will provide geographically-targeted web copy and content that caters to each separate locale. Multiple-locations SEO needs to be done with a touch of delicacy to keep Google at bay.
Build unique pages- each location should have a separate and unique page for itself. The best part about having multiple, fully-optimized pages? The ability to rank multiple times in the SERP!
- Make it so Google can find you- if you don’t get SEO for multiple locations, there’s a good chance that Google simply won’t be able to find you. The search engine of all search engines uses special “web crawlers” to index pages and figure out what they’re talking about. If yours aren’t designed to appeal to these bots, Google might think you have only one location which = less business for you.
- Help you avoid penalties- think of Google as a mean teacher. If you break the rules, then you are put in the back of the class with a dunce cap on your head, and there’s little chance they’ll ever let you out. A Google penalty will stop your site from ever ranking high. If you’ve got one of them, then they need to be fixed immediately. SEO’ing multiple locations often leads to penalties for inexperienced companies.
With 15 Miles SEO for multiple locations services, your customers will be able to find no matter where you are.
Have multiple locations? Want each one to rank high in Google? Click here!